Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly Roundup 2

*SIGH* It's been a long week, which is my reason for not blogging Friday night, or last night. But, I am in a better, healthier, and happier mood, so time to blog!

The 5 Best Things This Week:
1) I got a 100% on my second School and Society paper
2) I played Just Dance 2 for an hour and a half
3) I got an A on my big Spanish oral exam
4) I had Helmut's delicious Tirimasu today
5) I finally worked out!

The 5 Worst Things This Week:
1) I had a ton of homework and stress
2) I haven't really spoken up in my classes
3) I've been wearing nail polish nonstop since September, and I decided to give them a break. Now they're all breaking >:[
4) I was angry and reckless feeling yesterday evening (don't worry all, didn't do anything stupid)
5) I haven't been doing so well from eating sugary treats

Most Embarrassing Moment This Week:
I hugged a vending machine.

Words of Wisdom:
Don't be afraid to speak up in discussion classes! Plenty of things can hold even the most talkative people back. I have been panicking in my School and Society class because there are no wrong answers. It's like talking to Mr. Vaughn, except the class is full of people you don't know (or in my case, people I know and don't want to embarrass myself in front of). Or, you could be afraid to embarrass yourself, to say a wrong answer, you're tired, you don't care about the class, or you feel unprepared. But, the only way to overcome your fear of speaking in class is to speak up in class. Part of learning is to be wrong. In a competitive environment like Uni, familial pressure, or self-pressure we sometimes convince ourselves that wrong is bad. But often you must be wrong in order to become right. So speak up, be wrong, and learn a little :] It's my plan this week.

3 Most Essential Items This Week:
1) Syllabi. You should actually look at one from time to time, instead of thinking you know the assignment like me...forgot to do Friday's reading in Judaism. No wonder I was confused.
2) A space to decompress. I found that my suite is not conducive to calming me down when I am mad or sad. Fortunately, walking around, or sitting in the student lounge helps.
3) An editor. Sometimes you just need a second pair of eyes for editing papers!

Most Interesting Discovery This Week:
Academic: Judaism, at least in the beginning or some kinds of it, embraced the Enlightenment and didn't see it as destructive to the religion.
Social: Just Dance is really good for dispelling bad moods and is good exercise.

Best Food in the Caf:
Not a caf food but a C-Store item. CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS Y'ALL. Hershey's chocolate to be exact. Heaven in a bag :D

Plans for the Weekend:
Um, well, I haD a good weekend. Friday I went on a field trip to the local temple. Saturday I slept in, watched Clueless and in the afternoon had an adventure. Today I have done laundry and some homework. Tonight, we have a Pledging Ceremony for APO!! :D It's weird being on the other side, as an active member...

And that my friends, is another week at Knox College, Galesburg, Il, 61401!
Much Love,
Celinda :]

No comments:

Post a Comment