Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Orientation Wrap-Up

All in all, I participated in 2/3 of orientation activities. Some I skipped because I was lazy. Some I skipped because I was doing other things, like blogging and turning in health forms. Some I skipped because I was bonding with my suitemates. But, overall, I went to a ton of orientation. And I had a blast. There were some bumpy times. Like today, OMG. AT&T stopped working all morning. I spent $100 dollars just on books for ONE class. I then spent $242 dollars on TWO textbooks on Amazon...fortunately, they're ordered! And then, because I wore leggings today (those don't have pockets, if you don't know), I misplaced my keys THREE times.
...
But besides that, I'm having a great time. Part of that is because Pumphandle happened today.

Basically, Pumphandle is where all the faculty, staff, and students shake hands to welcome back returning people, and to welcome new ones. It's to create a community. It's to establish connections. It's to have a damn good time before classes start. The president starts by choosing a starting position. The next person, another faculty member, shakes her hand and stands next to her. Then, a third person shakes the president's hand, the faculty member's hand, then stands next to them. Get it? At the bottom of the blog entry there is a picture of Pumphandle last year.

After Pumphandle, my suitemates and I went to Target. So, I love my suitemates basically. Me and my friend Odessa went frolicking through Tarjay, looking for popcorn and laundry detergent. Oh the life of a college student :]
 When we got back to the dorm, my suitemates Shady, Ella, and I put a fan together. Correction, we failed multiple times, until we rigged it together with a bottle opener and all three of us working simultaneously.

Tomorrow classes start!! I only have one class tomorrow (Spanish) because of Convocation at 11 (shortened periods pretty much), but I will put my normal weekly schedule here:

Monday:
9:20-10:30 Biology: Evolution, Ecology & Biodiversity
10:40-11:50 Elementary Spanish
2:40-3:50 Athens, Rome, and Jerusalem (Firs-Year Preceptorial, or the required freshman class)

Tuesday:
10:40-11:50 Elementary Spanish
1:00-3:50 Common Experience for First Year Preceptorial (Used by the professor to do lectures, field trips, etc.)

Wednesday:
9:20-10:30 Biology: Evolution, Ecology & Biodiversity
10:40-11:50 Elementary Spanish
2:40-3:50 Athens, Rome, and Jerusalem (Firs-Year Preceptorial, or the required freshman class)

Thursday:
10:40-11:50 Elementary Spanish
1-3:50 Bio Lab

Friday:
9:20-10:30 Biology: Evolution, Ecology & Biodiversity
10:40-11:50 Elementary Spanish
2:40-3:50 Athens, Rome, and Jerusalem (Firs-Year Preceptorial, or the required freshman class)

So now you can understand my work load. Or stalk me. Whatever floats your boat.
Anyways, sorry this is random, I am just full of energy. Tomorrow, I will blog about the first day of classes, how talking about a job goes (crossed fingers!), and more crazy things my friends and I do.

                                                                    PUMPHANDLE!
Knox College. "Pumphandle 2010." Knox College. N.p., 13 Sept. 2010. Web. 7 Sept.
     2011. <http://www.knox.edu/news-and-events/news-archive/
     pumphandle-2010.html>





Much Love, Celinda (don't ask why it's oriented this way, I don't know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment