Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekly Roundup! :D

I have decided that since Fridays are the end of the academic week, I would use Fridays as my weekly roundup. Here I share the best, the worst, the funniest, the most embarrassing, and the most successful parts of the week!

5 Best Things This Week:
1) I passed the two daily quizzes I have taken so far in Biology
2) I have a new Spanish study buddy
3) I skyped/called with several Uni people (Simone, Revathi, Heather, and Chris)
4) Shady and I make it a daily activity to do homework together in the afternoon
5) I stamped, signed, and sealed several hundred letters for prospective students

5 Worst Things This Week:
1) Waking up late Monday morning
2) Having my lab extend past 3:50 because we kept making mistakes
3) People being loud in and around the dorm past midnight, when I'm trying to sleep
4) Wonky phone service
5) Not going to the gym

Most Embarrassing Moment This Week:
My friends and I were walking up to our suite one day. Since I was in the lead, I pulled out my keys and tried to open the door. The first key didn't work, so I tried the second one. It didn't work either, so I freaked out, saying "Guys, I think my keys are broken!". They were laughing. It was then I realized I was frantically trying to open the door to suite 5. Legitimately shaking the door knob, so suite 5 would be well aware of the crazy person trying to break down their door...
(They still tease me every time we go past that door...such good friends I'm making in college...)

Words of Wisdom:
Right before graduation, Zen Bear (aka Erick D.) told me not to worry so much about things. Looking back at all the worry I had this week (waking up late, first full week of school, social issues), compared to what actually happened, I realized how right he was. Bad things happen. Or, you might be waiting for bad things to happen. However, excessive worry not only causes undue stress, but can actually hinder you from living life. So, try worrying less.

3 Most Essential Items Used This Week:
1) Sweaters. It got freaking cold up here in G-Burg :[
2) Headphones. You live with a lot of people, and those people bring a lot of people over. Headphones are essential for escaping the noise.
3) Cellphones. Not just for calling home, but for communication with Uni kids and Knox kids, as a clock, and as a supplemental alarm. As I learned the hard way Monday.

Most Interesting Discovery This Week:
Academic: Many scientists were skeptical of Darwin's idea of Natural Selection. When they first came across Mendel's work, they thought it actually was in conflict with the idea of Natural Selection. Eventually though, scientists combined both theories to create a Modern Synthesis of Population Genetics :]
Social/College: The Science and Math building (SMC) is unfortunately shaped like a swastika...whoopsies architects...

Best Food Item in the Caf:
The fries, which include waffle, curly, and smiley face. SO GOOD NOM NOM NOM

Plans for the Weekend:
Soooo many. Tonight I am going to a frat party, possibly a concert being held here. Tomorrow my suite mates and I are going to dinner at the Caf, then going to go see THE LION KING IN 3D (My. Life. Rocks.). Then Sunday, I am volunteering at a carnival held at the Living Center, which services people with disabilities. Busy, busy!

And that's a week of my life at Knox. Now off to study for my Spanish Oral Exam!

Much Love,
Celinda

No comments:

Post a Comment