Friday, September 23, 2011

Weekly Roundup 2

Sooooo....tired....but I will blog, nevertheless....

5 Best Things This Week:
1) I made new friends/acquaintances! In Spanish, FP, Biology, etc.
2) I baked vegan cupcakes with my suite mates
3) I woke up on time EVERYDAY
4) I got to see my admissions counselor
5) I finished my Bio lab work Wednesday with my group successfully :]

5 Worst Things This Week:
1) Not enough sleep on Thursday night...or the rest the week really...
2) Biology is getting really annoying
3) I still haven't gone to the gym
4) Getting up and walking by this cute guy like TEN times and he NEVER noticed.
5) Going to multiple stores trying to find soy yogurt. How my life has changed...

Most Embarrassing Moment This Week:
I walked into the dessert room with the express purpose to say hi to a guy I kind of like, only to chicken out and just leave with my cookie. When my friend asked me why I didn't say hello, I told her I was so painfully shy, I couldn't even strike up a conversation with him. :[

Words of Wisdom:
You will never know everything. In fact, the more you learn, the more you become aware of all the things you don't know.People shouldn't go into any situation feeling like they know everything, but especially not into college. By believing you know everything, you are actually hindering your ability to learn more things. I think Uni needs to teach its students that we are not so much gifted and intelligent as we are just curious. Curious learners scour books, textbooks, ideas, the natural world, anything, so that they can add to their collection of knowledge. In the grand scheme of our vast world, being curious is a much safer term than being brilliant.

3 Most Essential Items This Week:
1) Debit Card. You run out of things, or you might want to get something special, or a gift. I used it this week for vegan cupcake ingredients, but I have also used it to replenish my cereal.
2) Email. Imagine trying to coordinate 5 different students from different grades on a college campus to finish bio lab homework. It only happened because of email.
3) Sugary treats. There are some rough days, whether because of unrequited love (see above), homework, fights, tests, you name it. Sugary treats like ice cream, cookies, and chocolate will definitely help.

Most Interesting Discover This Week:
Academic: Antigone, besides being a tragedy, is incredibly philosophical The play covers topics such as justice, honor, tyranny/rule, and death.
Social: Vegan cupcakes can be surprisingly delicious, even with soy milk and dairyless sour cream (blegh....)

Best Food Item in the Caf:
Mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes in general, but these are freaking delicious. Also, close second are their M&M cookies :]

Plans for the Weekend:
Sleep is a number one priority. I did NOT get enough this week, and I am exhausted. Also, I am pledging Sunday for Alpha Phi Omega, can't wait to blog about that. Besides that, homework. I have a bio test a week from today, and a draft of a 3-5 page paper due Monday, so I got to get crackin' on that :]

And that is SECOND (!!!) full week at Knox, brought to your favorite (graduated!) blogger,

Celinda Davis

PS: Joey started blogging Juniors! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment